.

.

.

.

Thursday 2 October 2014

Changes to Artfire

My shop is hosted on Artfire, which has just undergone some changes.

Old shop.

New shop.

The new site design is intended to be more responsive to customers on mobile devices. The new banner is apparently temporary, and while I won't be able to use the old banner made by my friend again, I will apparently be able to change it to a product image.

It's a bit of a shame that the customisation is lost, especially as I managed to match the font on this blog to the one on the shop. But hopefully shoppers will find the new layout easy to work with.


It would have been nice to see some other changes from Artfire, namely, drop-down option lists for items so that people can choose colour, scent etc. for place-holder listings. At the moment I rely on people contacting me after purchase or using my somewhat complicated custom form to tell me exactly what they want, and a lot of them don't actually get around to doing that.


It would have also been nice to see the currency situation sorted out. Even though I and most of my customers view my shop from England, prices have been displaying in US dollars for some time. This has lead to a noticeable drop in interest, as shoppers see the $ sign and assume they would have to have the item shipped all the way from America.

This is apparently due to an issue with Google Shopping, but I have heard that Etsy feeds to Google Shopping and still lets prices appear in the local currency for the viewer.

I hope that the currency issue will eventually be fixed, and it would also be nice to be able to enter prices in £ in the first place, rather than awkwardly converting to $ to see the £ price I actually want.

With any luck we'll be able to have drop-down menus on item listings too, eventually.



A candle from set #3 for Canine Partners, featuring appliqué logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment