.

.

.

.

Monday 12 March 2012

Hello!

I'm Scarlétt and I run the Rosmerta's Cauldron shop hosted on Artfire.com

Rosmerta is my middle name and I do a lot of mixing while making my products, hence the title.


The shop for me is somewhere between a hobby and a profession. I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.



It is hereditary and I was born with it. For the first part of my life I was mostly unaffected but when I hit my twenties, as happens to many people with EDS, it became disabling and degenerative. As the days go by I am able to do less and less for myself.
I may wake up early on some days but be unable to do anything for hours; I feel almost nailed to the mattress for a while, either due to pain or severe lack of energy. I was declared permanently unable to work by the government following a medical assessment. I will never have a normal life. However, when I can spare the energy, I like to make candles and soaps.

It takes around twenty minutes to melt the wax for two candles, and this is often all I can spare for a month or two. The shop will never come close to replacing the income lost from me not being able to work, but it is enjoyable and that's why I continue to work on it when I can.


My product cupboard is full at the time of writing and so I will be relaxing while my old stock sells to make room.



Product varieties:

Soaps:

Ankh
Rectangle cat motif
Pentacle (ideal size for guest bathrooms)
Goddess
Dog (currently unavailable - broken mould)
Frog
Fish
Lion
Jewels
Heart
Sunflower
Rectangle dog motif
Snoozing cat
Paw
Rectangle paw motifs
Magen David
Menorah
Star

Candles:
Magen David
Heart
Swirl
Peace dove
Snowflakes


Items are available in a range of colours with various additives e.g. seaweed. Products which are red, pink or magenta will have their whole sale price donated to the charity Medical Detection Dogs.

I recently made a selection of items that they used to raise funds on their stand at the 2012 Crufts dog show.


I will use this blog to provide updates on upcoming products.





No comments:

Post a Comment