.

.

.

.

Friday 20 April 2012

Rosmerta's Cauldron and Animal Testing

On the shop's Facebook "Like" page, I was asked if my products or their ingredients are tested on animals.



Unless you count my dog occasionally trying to run off with bits of wax, the answer to this is no. I would like to reassure my customers that, as I work at home in my kitchen, I do not have the means to undertake animal experimentation. Furthermore, my customer base is human, not animal, and so tests on the latter would be rather pointless.

As for individual ingredients, I source them from a company called Soap Basics, who state that they do not conduct vivisection. I have to take their word at face value.





For anybody wondering, I would like to add that my products are made in a smoke-free environment but NOT an animal free one.

This is because my trainee assistance dog accompanies me at all times, twenty-four hours a day. In the course of her mobility work she helps to open the cupboards with tug ropes so that I can get to my supplies in the first place, and she is also on-hand for medical response. However, I keep my work environment clean and immediately wrap soaps and candles when they are fresh out of the moulds. Thank you for understanding.




I recently started a Google+ page for the shop, which you can follow via the widget in the sidebar to your right.

No comments:

Post a Comment